Psychic, Spiritual Healer, Mentor, Christian, Author talks about Planning Your Perfect Week
Planning your Perfect Week with Tara Jacobsen
“The perfect week doesn’t really exist, but planning can allow life to feel a little more perfect.” ~ Jennifer
I love this “Planning your Perfect Week” idea. When I first met Tara, I was spinning my wheels being busy and running around like a crazy person, feeling like I had a million things to do and not enough time to do them. I was teaching about self-care but still sometimes would “push” my own
When I first met Tara, I was spinning my wheels being busy and running around like a crazy person, feeling like I had a million things to do and not enough time to do them. I was teaching about self-care but still sometimes would “push” my own self care practices to the back burner…which made me feel like a fraud! I was teaching about how important it was to implement self care and how you have to decide for yourself what is negotiable and what isn’t. While I really did take time for self care, it was something that I was still willing to negotiate. I absolutely loved what I was doing, my business was growing and I was speaking to women’s groups, and at the same time I felt guilty because I felt like I wasn’t giving my family the attention they needed. All the “gurus” and “successful” people were saying you have to get up at 5am to get disciplined and structured and that you HAVE to do certain things to be successful, But I personally cannot function at 5am. And I want my family to come first, before any so called success and I want to truly enjoy life, no matter how much money I have…So all of these “have to’s” were confusing me and staring to wear on me. I was asking the Universe: How can I be authentic, love my life, decide my own version of success and still be in control of my time???
…and that’s when I met Tara!
The idea of seeing the reality of where my time was going, what I was lacking and missing out on, and planning a “Perfect Week” allowed me to really decide what needed to be in my calendar. The first thing I decided all those years ago working with Tara was that my quiet time, meditation and the time I need to integrate into my day each morning was non-negotiable. I don’t have to explain to anyone (but myself) how I spend my time. Let’s just face it, I like my quiet time and coffee in the morning! LOL The next thing I put in was my Friday morning massage appointment. It’s always in my calendar. But let’s face it, allowing myself that time was crucial to my work. I became much more productive by allowing myself that downtime.
In this video we’ll talk about:
- How do YOU work? Or are you a night owl? Or early bird? Week day? Weekend? What works best with your family? What is right for you and your circumstances?Be honest with when your own body clock works instead of trying to force yourself into what the “gurus” say
- What do you have to do in real life? What are “non-negotiable” times that you need to recognize and blocked that time out right away! That is time that you can’t do business! If you’re driving your kids to school, or coaching little league..that time is OUT!
- Now what do you wish you could do that you don’t have time to do? Exercise, time with your family, walk in the park, meditate, blog, write…Anything that you want to do that you’re not getting to do right now.
- Next look at what you’re contractually obligated to do? Are you in regular job? Do you have client appointments? Block those out now.
- What is your most profitable task?
- Where is time Hiding? Are you switching back and forth so many times that you’re not really focused on any specific task at any given time. How can you make the schedule flow?
- How to set up boundaries with your schedule. If you have to work around family, set up a structure and let your family in on “the plan”!
As with anything I teach, I want YOU to decide and figure out what is right for YOU! We all get to decide what “success” means to us. To me “success” in life is to be completely focused when I’m working with clients, yet totally be present when I’m spending time with my family, enjoying the simple things in life like the art of making dinner, being able to drink fantastic coffee at my leisure each morning and oh yeah… to get regular massages!
Now there will never truly be a PERFECT week!
BUT having this idea of planning your perfect week allows you to have a practical way to use creative visualization and tune into law of attraction. It makes you more aware of how and where you are spending your time. It helps you be intentional about your time. And it helps you eliminate things that are just sucking your time.